Bootit cd boots but doesn't bring up program

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Next Generation
JoRene41

Re: Bootit cd boots but doesn't bring up program

Post by JoRene41 »

I created the flash drive and it booted. Would it be harmful to try to slide the partition between my os and data partitions? It is unnamed, but you thought it was the recovery drive. Can I safely delete the last two partitions...image and re tools?
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

I assume you have verified the 842 MB partition as your recovery partition. Delete the last two partitions, resize the D: drive, slide the D: drive, slide the 842 MB partition, resize the C: drive.
JoRene41

Post by JoRene41 »

Which direction do I slide D and the 842 MB partition? Will C and D be next to one another so that I can make D smaller and C larger? Thanks again. I've never worked with partitions that are divided by so many hidden partitions.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

JoRene41 wrote:
> Which direction do I slide D and the 842 MB partition? Will C and D be
> next to one another so that I can make D smaller and C larger?

JoRene,

In an earlier post you said "I’d still like to shrink the data drive and add it to the main drive. "
So I'm confused. Do you want C: drive larger or smaller? Do you want D: drive larger or smaller?
JoRene41

Post by JoRene41 »

Yes, I would like C larger. When I started to delete the last two partitions both gave me a warning that they were marked as required. Is this just because it was the factory reset partitions? Can I still delete? The 842 MB does have its main folder marked recovery, so I should keep that one. I thought the drives had to be contiguous in order to add the space from one to the other. So do I slide the 842 up before he OS drive or down after the D drive.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

OK. Then my instructions still apply. Ignore those warnings and delete the two partitions.

resize the Data partition to create more Free Space after the partition (there will already be Free Space from deleting the two partitions)

slide the D: drive (this will be to the right in the Disk Management graphic). It will be down in the Partition Work screen. Select the Data partition, click Slide, change the Free Space After to 0 (zero). Leave the tick in Data Only. Click OK, etc.

slide the 842 MB partition. Select the 842 MB partition, click Slide, change the Free Space After to 0 (zero). Leave the tick in Data Only. Click OK, etc.

resize the OS partition to remove the Free Space

Any questions?

Edit... sliding the Data partition could be time consuming.
JoRene41

Post by JoRene41 »

I'm still confused. When I am finished, in what order will the remaining partitions be? Will it be C, then D, then the 842 Mb partition? I can't remember if you can only add free space that is at the right or left of a partition.
JoRene41

Post by JoRene41 »

I think I’ve got it, now. Thank you so much. If everything boots ok when I’m done, you should get a cut of my purchase of the new Bootit UfI.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Great. The 824 MB partition will still follow the OS partition. You have got it.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

JoRene,

Have you been able to use BIU yet?