Ok, this is strange, and will be hard to explain, but:
- So I decided to try to figure out which drive might've been causing the "phantom" drive.
- On that machine, besides the regular internal drives, I had two external eSata drives, so I removed those first, one by one.
- After I removed the first eSata drive, the phantom drive was still there
- But, after I removed the second eSata drive, the phantom drive was gone.
- So then I put the two eSata drives, and, here's the really weird part, the partitions that had gone missing from the other drive re-appeared!!
I have no idea why this all happened, but am glad that they came back