BootIT future possibilities

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
npderi

BootIT future possibilities

Post by npderi »

Hi ladies and gents, I posted this in the wrong section, so I am just going to post it here in the correct section as this is the lastest version of Bootit.

Please don't take any of this as criticism, I absolutely love the product, just want to give my two cents for what's worth from the perspective of a previously "possible" client, and now current client. Here's my previous post:

------------------------

Before I begin, I just want to say that I love Bootit BM. Excellent software. Had to learn a bit about the proceedures first with some fails, but overall very awesome program.

I wouldnt have bothered using the software at all though, had I not been given an assured instruction from a trusted source (IT professional) to use it. I had searched for solution, but much of what I came across wasn't what I liked, made things tedious for many OSes, or was from acronis (junk). When I had come accross BootIt, without a moment's hesitation, I thought it was a scam.

So one of my requests stems partly from my first impression of seeing the "previews" or "screenshots" of the software and the website. I would have looked closer at this gem of a software long ago, but I couldn't get myself to trust the site, and moreso the software. Looking at the site made me think of something slapped together by someone trying to make a quick buck, and worse yet the screenshots with the "lightning" turned me off. I honnestly thought it was a scam. I am not saying this in a manner to belittle anyone, but since I like the software a lot, I thought I would share my impressions, and suggestions.

1. The UI: I know that it's supposed to be minimal and support all types of displays. However, if there is a possibility to give the UI a newer look, I think it wouldn't make it look better to the consumer too. I don't mean have more eye candy in the UI. Simply not have the software look like it's win 3.1 or the old norton desktop. A cleaner look?

2. Mac: I was also curious if there are plans to support using the software on a MAC system, and/or support MAC OS X.