Can't get BIBM to boot Win 8

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
bottomcritter

Can't get BIBM to boot Win 8

Post by bottomcritter »

My new ASUS G75VS laptop has two drives. HD0 is a hard drive with two data partitions and some space left over that BIBM installed into. HD1 is an SSD with the Win 8 boot and a data partition along with two recovery, a system, and a GPT Microsoft reserved partition or 6 total. I can change the boot priority in the BIOS for HD0 and start up BIBM or set it to HD1 and boot Win 8. What I have not figured out how to do is get BIBM to boot Win 8 itself. Using a direct boot to the Win 8 partition causes an error screen from Windows Boot Manager to come up and say that the /Boot/BCD file has a value 0xc000000e with a statement that the Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. I've never seen this before, but it seems to say the Win 8 boot is bad, however the boot works fine if the BIOS does it. I did a BCD edit and changed the devices to match the HD0 and HD1. This had no effect at all. So I am at a standstill in getting BIBM to boot into Win 8. Any ideas I can try?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Can't get BIBM to boot Win 8

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

BIBM doesn't support booting an OS on a GPT drive.