ICON16.DAT editing

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Prorab777

ICON16.DAT editing

Post by Prorab777 »

Hello.
I use BootIt BM v.1.13.
Tell, please, in more detail - how to edit ICON16.DAT?
How to add my icon?

P.S. I ask forgiveness for my English. I translated with the help http://www.translate.ru
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: ICON16.DAT editing

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You have to create the ICON16.DAT file with the icons you want to add, then place it into the BIBM partition. First, create the graphics for the icons: 16x16 GIF images using the BIBM palette (see the "graphics.zip" file included with BIBM). Then, use the ICONLIB.EXE program to create the ICON16.DAT file (note that the ICONLIB.EXE program won't run in x64 Windows). For example, if you've created two icons (icon1.gif & icon2.gif) and have them placed into the folder with ICONLIB.EXE, you'd run "iconlib ICON16.DAT +icon1.gif +icon2.gif" at the Command Prompt (running ICONLIB with no options will display program usage information). To get the ICON16.DAT file onto the BIBM partition you can place it with the BIBM MakeDisk files and then run MakeDisk. When selecting optional components, check the "Custom Icons" box. Then use the boot media to update the BIBM installation. Another method is to use TBOSDT to copy the file directly to the BIBM partition.
Prorab777

Re: ICON16.DAT editing

Post by Prorab777 »

Many thanks for the detailed answer!
I created ICON16.DAT with an icon - everything works.

Yours faithfully, Prorab777