USB Mouse no longer works in BBM 1.13

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
RFSndrs

USB Mouse no longer works in BBM 1.13

Post by RFSndrs »

I recently upgraded BBM from 1.12a to 1.13. I have a Logitec M510 wireless mouse and it no longer works with 1.13. I also upgraded my BIOS about the same time and I don't know which caused the problem.
(Yeah, I know I shouldn't have done both about the same time... but they were a couple of days apart.) I'm not sure if this is related to nehoc's input as the Logitec receiver is plugged into a main USB port in the back of my machine.
Any suggestions?

Bob S
TeraByte Support

Re: USB Mouse no longer works in BBM 1.13

Post by TeraByte Support »

check your legacy USB settings to ensure enabled still. It would be the
BIOS, mouse driver hasn't changed.

"RFSndrs" wrote in message news:3982@public.bootitbm...

I recently upgraded BBM from 1.12a to 1.13. I have a Logitec M510 wireless
mouse and it no longer works with 1.13. I also upgraded my BIOS about the
same time and I don't know which caused the problem.
(Yeah, I know I shouldn't have done both about the same time... but they
were a couple of days apart.) I'm not sure if this is related to nehoc's
input as the Logitec receiver is plugged into a main USB port in the back of
my machine.
Any suggestions?

Bob S

RFSndrs

Post by RFSndrs »

Everything in BIOS that relates to USB is ENABLED. The only other thing I can think of is try to reinstall my old BIOS (yes, I did save it.) but I'm hesitant to try this.

Bob S
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It certainly could be the BIOS update. I've had several change from working to not working and back to working. Unless absolutely necessary, I tend not to update the BIOS once it's working, especially if running BIBM on the system. Also, some don't easily allow installing an older version, which makes going back difficult.

Sometimes the BIOS settings can get corrupted. You could try resetting the BIOS (clear it) and see if that makes any difference (you'd need to reconfigure any custom settings afterwards).
RFSndrs

Post by RFSndrs »

Well, I finally 'gutted it' and re-installed my old BIOS. The mouse now works! I had to go back into BIOS and found a listing for "wireless mouse : disabled". When I enabled it the mouse works in BBM v1.13. This item wasn't in my new BIOS, but I had skipped several revisions so I don't know where it began. At any rate, thanks for your help. BBM is working like before I changed BIOS. Maybe I can use this as an excuse to build a new system ;-).