Windows 10 Reset Trouble

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
philjulias@gmail.com

Windows 10 Reset Trouble

Post by philjulias@gmail.com »

Have a great WORKING Win 10 Pro setup on my NVME drive. Everything works, I have it backed up and everything. I recently got into retro gaming so I have a separate USB drive with all my stuff on it. So I was thinking I'll make a copy of my windows system to a new partition and then simply reset windows removing all my stuff to make a fresh install with no crap for the games. I used BootIt® UEFI partition work to shrink my windows drive, then copied it to the free space and checked the add to boot menu. It worked fine. I booted to the new one and deleted the icons on the desktop to I could tell if I'm actually in the new one. Verified! Not I went to settings and tried to reset windows. Every time it fails! I have no idea why. Also I have the auto reactivate check box selected but I do not think that works because my machine just keeps booting back to windows directly every time. I have a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard. Any ideas? I'm not opposed to running the windows setup file and installing directly but I thought maybe someone would have a idea why this does not work. On my system with the NVME drive less than 30 mins to install windows. But reset should work and it does not.

Thanks for the help.
Brian K

Re: Windows 10 Reset Trouble

Post by Brian K »

philjulias,

I gather your computer isn't booting into BIU. Boot your BIU media and select Reactivate.

I'm not clear on what you are attempting with Reset.
philjulias@gmail.com

I want a Win 10 Pro with nothing added so I can use it for Gaming with nothing in the background to slow it down. I will not have it connect to the internet or anything. I though just 2 steps to accomplish it. Copy and the reset windows back to stock. Does not work. I'm going to mess with it today again, but if no luck I'll just install Windows from the USB Boot.
Logman

Post by Logman »

philjulias@gmail.com wrote:
> I want a Win 10 Pro with nothing added so I can use it for Gaming with
> nothing in the background to slow it down. I will not have it connect to
> the internet or anything.

Good luck with not connecting Win10 Pro to the Internet, that isn't gonna happen.
You may be able to temporarily defer updates but Win10 will eventually have to connect to the Internet to do that, unless I'm misreading what you are saying.
philjulias@gmail.com

Got it working, I should have done this, but I forgot to unplug all my USB devices before attempting this, after I removed all my USB stuff and went to advanced and reset everything worked just fine. I now have a dual boot Win 10 system with my normal online windows with all my utilities and crap, and my RetroArcade windows with nothing. Now onto installing all my retro emulators and such.
stephen0

Post by stephen0 »

Best of luck with not associating Win10 Pro to the Internet, that isn't going to occur. You might have the option to incidentally concede refreshes yet Win10 will in the end need to associate with the Internet to do that, except if I'm misreading what you are saying. [url=https://www.google.com/]google[/url]