arrow keys do not work in some BIBM environments

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
eoa

arrow keys do not work in some BIBM environments

Post by eoa »

Is there an alternate keystroke I can use for arrows? When arrow keys are not recognized I can hobble around with the tab and other keystrokes; some menus will recognize the first letter of a choice, or I can use the "end" key to move to end of a menu... but some choices I simply cannot make unless the arrow keys are recognized. Thanks!
TeraByte Support

Re: arrow keys do not work in some BIBM environments

Post by TeraByte Support »

There are tips at https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=514

But you'd have to point out something specific so it can be answered. In general tab goes between groups, and within groups arrows are used, something are individual which use tab as well.
eoa

Post by eoa »

Specifically the boot menu. But the arrow keys don't work anywhere in BIBM. I don't think it's the fault of BIBM; I'm sure it's just some shortcoming of my interface while using BIBM (a web interface to a Nutanix VM). So unless a menu recognizes "first letter" keystrokes I'm limited to using the pageUp/pageDown keys and two-choice menus, because those keys work but move only to the top and bottom of a menu.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

if its shift status is off you hit ctrl-alt-shift on both sides at the same time a few times then tab back though and see if arrows work (it may be something else in your interface wants to use them).
eoa

Post by eoa »

Or try web interface in a different browser: Internet Explorer does the trick. Thanks for your time!