Can't boot to Windows installed on Asus EVO970 m.2 nvme driv

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
nwziegelmeyer

Can't boot to Windows installed on Asus EVO970 m.2 nvme driv

Post by nwziegelmeyer »

I'm not too computer literate and have a problem with a recently installed NVME m.2 drive. I've used Bootit for years and have it installed and booting a number of windows installations on sata drives. I decided to install an m.2 nvme drive and restore a working backup of my Windows 10 system to the new drive. The drive shows up in existing windows and works fine. When I restore a copy of the Windows system to it it is restored but when I try to use Bootit to boot to it It won't. I get the Windows symbol and rotating circle for about a minute then the BSOD with an error saying "inaccessible boot drive". Tech support says I need to install drivers but I have no idea of what or how to do. Motherboard is Asus Tuf Gaming B550-plus just installed I Would appreciate any help. Thanks
Brian K

Re: Can't boot to Windows installed on Asus EVO970 m.2 nvme

Post by Brian K »

nwziegelmeyer wrote:
> I'm not too computer literate and have a problem with a recently installed
> NVME m.2 drive.

nwziegelmeyer,

Are you using a UEFI system with BootIt UEFI? You can install a default NVMe driver using OSDTool in IFL.
nwziegelmeyer

Re: Can't boot to Windows installed on Asus EVO970 m.2 nvme

Post by nwziegelmeyer »

Thanks for response. I don't know how to use it even after reading the tutorial. Since I posted it I went to asus site and found something listed as NVME driver for windows. I dl'ed it and installed it and I now have access and the drive boots. I guess there's always more than one way to skin a cat or SSD :)