Bootit installed twice

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
skipro

Bootit installed twice

Post by skipro »

Can you install 2 instances of UEFI Booit on 1 HD? I must have because if a partition fails to boot from my "Boot Menu" the system seems to restart and brings up another/different "Boot Menu" which I had apparently previously created.
If this is the case, can I delete only the version with the second boot menu? How do I delete only that version as I have more than 4 partitions.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Bootit installed twice

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It wouldn't on one drive because there is only one place it can install (the EFI partition). Does the "second" boot menu contain different boot items? Is it an older version of BIU?
skipro

Re: Bootit installed twice

Post by skipro »

Essentially the same but different names. The USB drive I am now using may contain a different version than I originally installed. I booted the usb to avoid the delay from the trial whiuch I could not uninstall. I would get a message "do I want to install" and I said yes, only way to avoid delay. Since I avoided the delay and msg, I assumed the original install was overridden. Now I have a second Boot menu. I would guess that means I have a second install.