add license info to trial version & uninstall

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
skipro

add license info to trial version & uninstall

Post by skipro »

Can you add license info to an installed trial version? I temporarily installed UEFI Bootit on a computer 1 year ago for a peek at the partition setup and only now restarted it. Apparently I did not bother entering license info. Got warning and 1 minute delay. I could not find anywhere to enter licence info.

I also could not uninstall Bootit because the "Uninstall" icon was underlit and not available/non-functional. I also tried uninstall by booting UEFI Bootit on USB and "Unistall" was again unavailable/non-functional/underlit.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: add license info to trial version & uninstall

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You would need to install the full version for the license, but might not want to if it's the old/wrong install that has the issue (per your other thread).

I didn't check BIU from a year ago, but the current version has the Uninstall option available in the trial version. Note that it will be disabled in certain cases (like if not booted to the installed version).
skipro

Post by skipro »

How do you "get rid of" a trial version if you cannot uninstall it?
Do you install the full version over the trial?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

From your other threads, it's unclear the state of the system. I wouldn't recommend installing if you haven't fixed the multiple EFI System partitions issue. As for removal, if the unwanted BIU installs are on an unwanted/extra/copied EFI System partition, deleting the partition will remove it. Otherwise, removing the "EFI\BootIt" folder and the EFI booting files in "EFI\Boot" would remove it.