Secure Boot Violation

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
bDerek

Re: Secure Boot Violation

Post by bDerek »

Got everything working again. This is what I did:
. In the Bios installed default keys
. Saved them
. Rebooted
. Installed Bootit Uefi using the installers default choices
. Rebooted
All is working well now and continues to boot up without any secure boot violations. I thought I had done that process in the past, but maybe not in that exact sequence. Maybe that is the key. So, all back to normal and my Ubuntu install and BIU are working as expected.
jhaveri

Post by jhaveri »

I tried your suggestion and it still does not work for me. I have Gigabyte F22 bios on Intel platform.
1) in bios installed default keys
2) saved configuration and boooted
3) reinstalled bootit uefi based on recommended setting(rather than reactivating)
4) rebooted
5) got to ubuntu from bootit uefi menu and booted in secure boot. I have signed kernel and signed r8125 module. works fine. rebooted
6) and once agian i get invalid keys at bios screen

Only way is to reinstall default keys at secoure boot in bios.

Is there any remedy? This is making no sense. If bootit uefi does boot it secure boot, why does it give after booting in linux.

Thanks for any help.
jhaveri

Post by jhaveri »

I upgraded to the latest version, 1.34 of bootit uefi released today, Sept 8, 2022, and everything is working fine. No more invalid keys at bios startup, going back from linux to windows. Thanks terabyte for fixing the error.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

probably because linux installed a black list of keys and needed the newer one.