BOOTIT BM AND DEEP FREEZE

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
freddygolightly

BOOTIT BM AND DEEP FREEZE

Post by freddygolightly »

Can they be used together. Deeep freeze manual says its compatible with all imaging programs but just how would it work with deepfreeze. If DF screws up will I be able to restore the image using bootitbm? Will there be any conflicts? Thanks for any helpful replies.
DrTeeth

Re: BOOTIT BM AND DEEP FREEZE

Post by DrTeeth »

On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 03:12:14 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
freddygolightly disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>Can they be used together. Deeep freeze manual says its compatible with all imaging programs but just how would it work with deepfreeze. If DF screws up will I be able to restore the image using bootitbm? Will there be any conflicts? Thanks for any helpful replies.

I would not regard BIBM as a primarily imaging program. It is a
partitioning program and a boot manager. I does have imaging
capability, which most people find slower than other options from TBU.

If you unlimit primary partitions, you must NOT use any other backup
program other than one from TBU, like the one included in BIBM. I
would imagine a whole disk imaging program would be safe, but I would
get confirmation on this.

I use TBU's backup programs and would not use any others. Tech support
is top-notch, the programs are VERY reliable, the programs are
continually updated and improved. plus, and this is a biggie, TBU does
not increase major version numbers just to grab money.

I purchased a licence to the current BIBM on 12/4/2011 (UK notation)
and a licence to the current backup suite on 10/8/2016 and not paid
anything since.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**
freddygolightly

Post by freddygolightly »

I would be most appreciative of any more complete replies to my question as to how these two programs would work together. I do not plan on unlimiting the paritions so that is not an issue.

I want to be able to use deep freeze such that any reboot restores the original c: boot drive to it's pristine untouched state such as to eliminate viruses, etc.

If I install it can it be used in conjunction with the imaging ability of bootit such that if deep freeze corrupts things I can restore using bootit .tbi file?
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

I don't see why what is being proposed wouldn't work, but since I don't know anything about deep freeze, I guess I can't say for sure.

An alternate approach not involving deep freeze would be to create an image when the system is in whatever state you want to preserve and then restore that image whenever you want to bring the system back to that state.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

I don't know if I've ever done it, but I've seen information that suggests email to support@terabyteunlimited.com sometimes produces faster responses than this forum.

On the other hand, it's possible that nobody who frequents this forum knows anything about Deep Freeze.