new install on panasonic tablet

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
chrisangus

new install on panasonic tablet

Post by chrisangus »

Hi all

I have just installed bootit on a new panasonic tablet, I've done this many times on normal laptops and everything works perfect.
On this machine I installed boot it, then windows 10. now everytime the tablet starts it boots to windows, I have reinstalled bootit and reactivated it too, but it still automatically boots windows every time, when I reactivate bootit it says remove the usb drive and reboot but it goes straight in to windows, what could I be doing wrong?
Bob Coleman

Re: new install on panasonic tablet

Post by Bob Coleman »

I'm not going to be able to answer the question, but it's probably worth clarifying whether bootit means BIBM (BootIt Bare Metal) or BIU (BootIt UEFI).
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Chris,

If it's a UEFI System, try this. Boot your BIU media and in Settings, put a tick in "Auto Reactivate".

In the BIOS Boot Menu (or the BIOS Boot Override), boot "BootIt UEFI"

Does that get you into the installed BIU? Does BIU now load each time you start the computer?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Assuming UEFI, it may help to delete/remove any unwanted/extra BIOS boot menu items so only BootIt remains.
chrisangus

Post by chrisangus »

Thanks guys, I deleted the boot menu items in the bios and now it works, not sure I fully understand this bios on this machine, it's nothing like i'm used to seeing.