Booit Bare Metal or Bootit UEFI for new laptop?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
machare

Re: Booit Bare Metal or Bootit UEFI for new laptop?

Post by machare »

Brian K wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Boot your BIU media and see if there is a Reactivate option. Otherwise
> install BIU again (over the top). BIU should boot first.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both of these but they laptop keeps booting W10 not BIU.

The only way that I have managed to run BUI from the hard disk is to press F9 to get the boot menu and then select:

Boot from EFI file
PciRoot.....
<Efi>
<Bootit>
Bootit.efi

Mike
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Mike, I'm on holidays and don't have my computer. Have a look in BIU Settings. There it an item called auto Reactivate BIU or something like that. Select it and reinstall BIU. Does that enable BIU to boot first? If not, use F9 to boot BIU and then try restarting.
machare

Post by machare »

Brian, I have followed your suggestion thank you.

But anyway I have now realized that what the laptop wants to do is boot what ever It was running last! So if it was running W10 it runs W10 again, and if I have BIU on the screen when I reboot it then BIU runs again. Same happens whether I reboot or power off/on.

What I want to happen is for BIU to always run. Is there something I can do to achieve this?

I hope you are enjoying your holiday.
Mike
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

make sure fast startup and note hibernated or would boot back to os.

On 2/10/2020 3:45 AM, machare wrote:
> Brian, I have followed your suggestion thank you.
>
> But anyway I have now realized that what the laptop wants to do is boot what ever It was running last! So if it was running W10 it runs W10 again, and if I have BIU on the screen when I reboot it then BIU runs again. Same happens whether I reboot or power off/on.
>
> What I want to happen is for BIU to always run. Is there something I can do to achieve this?
>
> I hope you are enjoying your holiday.
> Mike
>
>