My First Attempt - Error Writing Disc

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Post Reply
NY2KW
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:25 pm

My First Attempt - Error Writing Disc

Post by NY2KW »

Just bought the collection and copied/extracted to my Win 10 (1 Tb) laptop. I want to create a multiboot where I have Win 7 Pro and Win XP boot options. I ran MakeDisc, using all the default options and Legacy Bios not UEFI. I opted for a blank DVD+R and it seemed to copy quickly but hung on 'Closing Disc' for several minutes and then an error writing to disxc msg popped up: 45Dh : 01 00 00 00 00

Any help?
TeraByte Support
Posts: 3062
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: My First Attempt - Error Writing Disc

Post by TeraByte Support »

Ensure the media is supported by the drive. Or try a different disc type

The windows error code is:

ERROR_IO_DEVICE

1117 (0x45D)

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

On 2/3/2020 1:09 PM, NY2KW wrote:
> Just bought the collection and copied/extracted to my Win 10 (1 Tb) laptop. I want to create a multiboot where I have Win 7 Pro and Win XP boot options. I ran MakeDisc, using all the default options and Legacy Bios not UEFI. I opted for a blank DVD+R and it seemed to copy quickly but hung on 'Closing Disc' for several minutes and then an error writing to disxc msg popped up: 45Dh : 01 00 00 00 00
>
> Any help?
>
>

NY2KW
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Re: My First Attempt - Error Writing Disc

Post by NY2KW »

I use the integrated CD/DVD all the time with same media (Imation DVD+R 4.7GB) all the time with other software (PowerIso, etc ). Did so again after the MakeDisc failure for another project so not the media or the hardware. Any other suggestions?
TeraByte Support
Posts: 3062
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: My First Attempt - Error Writing Disc

Post by TeraByte Support »

Yes, try again or different media type, if your windows installed burner
software installed an agent and running in your system tray, shut it
down so it doesn't interfere. The error code came from windows.

On 2/3/2020 6:12 PM, NY2KW wrote:
> I use the integrated CD/DVD all the time with same media (Imation DVD+R 4.7GB) all the time with other software (PowerIso, etc ). Did so again after the MakeDisc failure for another project so not the media or the hardware. Any other suggestions?
>
>

TeraByte Support
Posts: 3062
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: My First Attempt - Error Writing Disc

Post by TeraByte Support »

Also, look at the disk, it may be okay, may be something that interfered
after close (resident software?) - you'll only see content.txt on there.

On 2/4/2020 12:23 PM, TeraByte Support (DF) wrote:
> Yes, try again or different media type, if your windows installed burner
> software installed an agent and running in your system tray, shut it
> down so it doesn't interfere. The error code came from windows.
>
> On 2/3/2020 6:12 PM, NY2KW wrote:
>> I use the integrated CD/DVD all the time with same media (Imation DVD+R 4.7GB) all the time with other software (PowerIso, etc ). Did so again after the MakeDisc failure for another project so not the media or the hardware. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>
>
>

Post Reply