BootIt UEFI installation

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
AGH1965

BootIt UEFI installation

Post by AGH1965 »

I created a BootIt UEFI V1.13 installation ISO with makedisk and burned that to a CD myself, but that wasn't bootable. When I looked at the contents, there was only one file named CONTENTS.TXT on the CD. The same appeared when I let makedisk burn the CD directly. What did I do wrong?
TeraByte Support

Re: BootIt UEFI installation

Post by TeraByte Support »

What's the age of your BIOS?

It's normal to not see anything but that file which tells you what the
boot disk is. It should still boot. Although using a UFD with UEFI
has better BIOS support.

On 12/7/2019 10:43 AM, AGH1965 wrote:
> I created a BootIt UEFI V1.13 installation ISO with makedisk and burned that to a CD myself, but that wasn't bootable. When I looked at the contents, there was only one file named CONTENTS.TXT on the CD. The same appeared when I let makedisk burn the CD directly. What did I do wrong?
>
>

AGH1965

Post by AGH1965 »

TeraByte Support wrote:
> What's the age of your BIOS?

My mainboard is an ASUS PRIME B360M-A with BIOS version 2416 (05/27/2019). So the age is about half a year.

Installation with USB drive went fine though, but I prefer using a CD. Would it make a difference if I would use a DVD instead?
AGH1965

Post by AGH1965 »

After updating to the latest BIOS I tried again, but the installation CD was still not bootable. Then I decided to let makedisk create an installation DVD instead. That appeared to be bootable. So from now on I will use DVDs for updating BIU. Thanks for the support.