HELP! Install BIBM on new 1TB SSD, BIBM cannot see space

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
ohaya

HELP! Install BIBM on new 1TB SSD, BIBM cannot see space

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I just got a new 1TB NVME SSD to replace the original 256GB NMVE SSD in a Dell 7500 laptop.

So, I installed my (licensed) BIBM from DVD to that drive (I removed all other hard drives from the machine before installing BIBM) and the BIBM installation seemed to go ok, but, after reboot, BIBM seems to see the drive, but only sees on 7.8MB EMBRM partition and no other space on the drive!!

Note that if I boot BIBM from the DVD and go into Partition Work, BIBM DOES SEE THE WHOLE 1TB DRIVE, but it is just the INSTALLED BIBM that does not see the whole SSD?

What am I doing wrong? Why is the INSTALLED BIBM not able to see the whole 1TB SSD (again the 1TB SSD is the only drive plugged into the system)???

Please help!

Thanks,
Jim

EDIT: I have a clarification: When I boot BIBM from the DVD it sees the whole 1TB SSD, BUT ONLY IF I UNINSTALL BIBM from the hard drive.

If I install BIBM to the hard drive and then boot to the BIBM DVD, BIBM then sees only a single 7.8MB partition and no other space!!
ohaya

Re: HELP! Install BIBM on new 1TB SSD, BIBM cannot see spac

Post by ohaya »

I *THINK* that I may have figured out how to workaround the problem.

I booted into BIBM on DVD and created a large partition, at the top of the drive, leaving only 10MB at the front of the drive. Then I installed BIBM and then it saw the space of the whole drive. Then I deleted the partition and BIBM still saw the space and now I am doing a restore.

Is that normal behavior for BIBM to not see the rest of the drive space if it is installed on an empty drive?

Thanks,
Jim
TeraByte Support

Re: HELP! Install BIBM on new 1TB SSD, BIBM cannot see spac

Post by TeraByte Support »

Probably more about your BIOS. First ensure it's in LBA mode. Also you
may need to enable the Align MBR for BIOS Auto Mode in settings (prior to
installing).

"ohaya" wrote in message news:17417@public.bootitbm...

I *THINK* that I may have figured out how to workaround the problem.

I booted into BIBM on DVD and created a large partition, at the top of the
drive, leaving only 10MB at the front of the drive. Then I installed BIBM
and then it saw the space of the whole drive. Then I deleted the partition
and BIBM still saw the space and now I am doing a restore.

Is that normal behavior for BIBM to not see the rest of the drive space if
it is installed on an empty drive?

Thanks,
Jim