BIBM - Unable to format drive, or create, resize partitions

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
sat

BIBM - Unable to format drive, or create, resize partitions

Post by sat »

Hello,

I am new to boot managers/loaders so please bear with me :)

On a new computer with 1 old SSD I have:

1) Booted into BIBM via flash disk which I configured with these options:

- "Align Partitions on 1MiB Boundaries" checked as YES
- "Align Partitions on Cylinders" checked as YES
- "USB Layout" as "Partition-MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition"
- "Geometry calculation method" as "Default - Use Device"
- everything else was left at the default settings I think

2) Wiped the SSD via "wipe entire drive"

3) Tried to install BIBM with manually creating partition for BIBM which was not possible because the (I think) "Setup" button was simply greyed out.

4) Tried installing again but this time let the setup make the DEDICATED BIBM partition for me manually. This worked fine.

5) Took out the flash disk and booted into the installed BIBM

6) In the "Partition Work" I can now see my SSD and the second "empty space" partition but almost all buttons (except UNDELETE) are unavailable/greyed out. So I cannot format, resize, create, etc. The buttons are greyed out. This issue is possibly related to similar issue from my step #3 above.

-----

I have tried (because it was one of the very little things that were not greyed out) switching between MBR/EMBR back and forth, but it did not help. I am now "entire wiping" the drive a second time because I ran out of options I think so this was the last thing I could think of trying (if it helps I will let you know but it probably wont).

Thank you in advance for any tips!
sat

Re: BIBM - Unable to format drive, or create, resize partiti

Post by sat »

Update: "Entire wiping" the SSD again did not help with anything. Is there maybe anything else I could try?
sat

Post by sat »

When I booted into WinXP installation flash disk, I was able to manage partitions normally. Those new partition(s) will show up in BIBM but I cannot manage them, just like before (described above). The only think I was able to press was the "DELETE" button to delete those new partition(s), thats all.

Yet BIBM was somehow able to create the BIBM (8MB?) partition on its own... But it wont let me do anything. I know it is a 30 day trial, but there was no mention of limited functionality as far as I looked so I dont assume the greyed out buttons are some sort of trial limitation? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyone, please?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

When you boot BIBM does it tell you the evaluation period has expired? Functions will be limited in that case.