False report that system is hibernated when it is NOT

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Ambertus

False report that system is hibernated when it is NOT

Post by Ambertus »

Just now, using BootIt BM 1.52, I encountered a warning message I've never seen before. As soon as I go into Partition Work, I see a message falsely asserting that the system is in Hibernate Mode, and therefore I shouldn't change anything (or something like that). But I NEVER use hibernation, and certainly not in this case either. I've been getting some BSOD 0x0000001E when trying to boot Windows 7, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

So I'm guessing that something's hosed up somewhere, but I don't know how to resolve this. I'm going to try to re-install v1.52 again, and I'll report back if that solves the problem. But I would appreciate it if someone might be able to help me understand why I'm seeing this totally new message.

I'm running a home-built based on an ASUS Z87-A with an Intel i7 CPU and 16 GB ram. I have both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro installed, both 64-bit.

Thanks!
Ambertus

Re: False report that system is hibernated when it is NOT

Post by Ambertus »

Re-installing did not help.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You can ignore the warning if you know it's not hibernated. Sometimes it doesn't get cleared so it thinks it's still active. You can disable hibernation if you're not using it. For example, from an administrator command prompt, run: powercfg -h off

In Windows 10, you could also enable the Fast Startup option and then restart to BIBM and use Partition Work to disable it (this will clear the hibernation state).
Ambertus

Post by Ambertus »

Thank you!