Need A Little Help :^(

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
mashedmitten

Need A Little Help :^(

Post by mashedmitten »

Hey guys, sorry for the spoon-feeding request but I'm recovering from a fractured skull. My brain is still on Tilt.

What I'm trying to do is restore an image to a flash drive and boot from it. Everything's on the same system, portability isn't a goal. I'm guessing I have to use the Swap option? If I restore an image, do I have to go through setting the thumb drive as drive 1 before the restore, or is that just for a fresh install? I had set this up once on an internal drive, but it's like I got Neurolized to try thinking further. I've attempted to read the KB article 4 times, waiting a couple of days in between to see if enough of the cobwebs would clear to let me get further than the first paragraph without having to stop and re-read, but the concentration headache has me running for the hills before I get far. If someone could just give me an abridged step by step, don't have to explain the whys or wherefores, but feel free if you wish. Not trying to come across like 'Only answer if you follow my instructions.', just letting you know a short answer is perfectly acceptable if you don't have time to elaborate but could help.

Again, sorry for the lame request but it's been a struggle lately. Have I mentioned that the whole time I've been recovering I've been helping a cousin rebuild a house that burned when his mom had a stroke? Did I mention it was only I and two old guys in their 70's that tore down the old and built the new? Yep, one big bowl of cherries. ;^)

Thanks,

Nate
Brian K

Re: Need A Little Help :^(

Post by Brian K »

Have you tried usbboot.tbs? It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro\scripts.
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

Brian K wrote:
> Have you tried usbboot.tbs? It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive
> Image Backup and Restore Suite\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro\scripts.

Thanks for taking the time, Brian. I don't use the Windows version, just the Linux and DOS boot media.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Nate, I don't think you are missing much. Running Windows from a UFD is a most unrewarding experience. It's so slow.
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

Thanks again Brian, I figured as much. I was bored out of my gourd awaiting for another concussion to clear. 8-)