Installed Bootit--UEFI to drive - now am confused

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
ohaya

Installed Bootit--UEFI to drive - now am confused

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I had Windows 10 installed on my laptop drive, then I decided to try to install Bootit-UEFI to the hard drive. Then, I used Bootit-UEFI to shrink the Windows partition and made 2 new partitions (for SWAP and for DATA).

So that was ok.

Then, I installed Image for Windows on the Windows and when I try to make a backup, it looks like i can only choose the ENTIRE DISK (C:, D: and E:)?

I really only want to image the Windows partition. Can I do that from Image for Windows?

For now, I booted back into Bootit-UEFI and made a image of the Windows partition to a USB drive.

Is this happening because when I installed Bootit-UEFI, I chose to let Bootit-UEFI manage the directories?

If so, can I somehow uninstall Bootit-UEFI and re-install it and NOT select to let it manage the directories?

And if I don't let it manage the directories, then will I be able to image just the Windows partition from IFW?

Thanks,
Jim
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Installed Bootit--UEFI to drive - now am confused

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

That has nothing to do with BIU. Image for Windows defaults to Simple Operations mode if you don't change it during the install. That mode only does entire drives. Go into Settings and uncheck the "Simple Operations" option on the General tab.
ohaya

Re: Installed Bootit--UEFI to drive - now am confused

Post by ohaya »

Ah. Ok, thanks!