Can BIBM UEFI manage partitions when booted from CD/DVD?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
ohaya

Can BIBM UEFI manage partitions when booted from CD/DVD?

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

I was wondering if I have BIBM UEFI on DVD can I boot to that and manage partitions, without installing it to the hard drive (ala BIBM and BING)?

Thanks,
Jim
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Can BIBM UEFI manage partitions when booted from CD/DVD?

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Yes. You can also use a flash drive. System needs to support it, though (UEFI booting, etc.).
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Paul,

So if I burned a Bootit-UEFI to a CD or DVD, then if I can figure out how to get it to boot on my new laptop, I should be able to at least see and manage the partitions on the laptop hard drive?

I am making a recovery USB stick of the original Windows 10 now, and I have already burned a CD with Bootit-UEFI and I will try to see if I can boot the CD after the recovery USB stick is made.

Thanks,
Jim
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Hi,

Ok, I was able to boot to the Bootit-UEFI DVD and I can get to Partition Work but if I click on the Windows partition and Resize, a "Checking File system" popup appears and it seems to hang at that point including the mouse pointer being stuck?
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

I think that I was too impatient - the popup eventually went away and I am resizing now...