Disk Imaging Subscription Expired?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Bob Coleman

Disk Imaging Subscription Expired?

Post by Bob Coleman »

When I select Disk Imaging in BIBM 1.49, I get a message that my subscription has expired and that I need to get a new key.
tas3086

Re: Disk Imaging Subscription Expired?

Post by tas3086 »

Same here. Image does not like the BIBM password. If you put in the IFW Suite password, image works fine. But when you go back to BIBM, it says that it's password is invalid, and you need to enter the BIBM Combined suite password. Everything works fine until you do image again and the whole process starts over.

What passwords should we be using for BIBM combined, the 1.48 password, or the new UEFI combined password? Then what about IMAGE. Old or new BIBM, or IFW?

Kinda confusing?
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Bob Coleman wrote:
> When I select Disk Imaging in BIBM 1.49, I get a message that my
> subscription has expired and that I need to get a new key.

Same thing happens with IFD boot media.
tas3086

Post by tas3086 »

Bob Coleman wrote:
> Same thing happens with IFD boot media.

Confirmed IFD Fails
Image will also request a KEY under the Non-UEFI version of Bootit-BM
Image will request a key under the BIBM (legacy) Installation drive Maintenance mode
IFL seems to be unaffected by the serial number problem.
IFW under windows seems to be unaffected.

This is not good. My serial numbers are on the hard drive. If I need to restore a drive and I can not get the serials, I'm in trouble.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

Everything is there that IFD should take the new key, you can use the old BIBM key if you have one or request if needed, we'll figure it out and release asap (probably sunday sometime).

"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:15164@public.bootitbm...

When I select Disk Imaging in BIBM 1.49, I get a message that my
subscription has expired and that I need to get a new key.
Somchai

Post by Somchai »

tas3086 wrote:
> Bob Coleman wrote:

> This is not good. My serial numbers are on the hard drive. If I need to restore a
> drive and I can not get the serials, I'm in trouble.

For such problem, I've written a small app for to store all my Application details and run that app on a secured and encrypted sub on my server on the Internet. Over the years I've more than 2700 apps licensed to my own name or to my company, and that's very difficult to hold altogether if you didn't use such 'help'! Easy to create such app in PHP and MySQL! just to mention, I also use that same App on a local AMPPS Server on my Laptop and Windows Tablet with an auto-updated Database.
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

tas3086 wrote:

> This is not good. My serial numbers are on the hard drive. If I need to restore a
> drive and I can not get the serials, I'm in trouble.

I understand this is being worked on so don't mean to be obnoxious or pushy, but, yes, the same for me sort of though at this point, I wouldn't be in trouble because IFL works.

And just to clarify, I can enter the keys (if I have access to them) and then IFD works.
tas3086

Post by tas3086 »

Bob Coleman wrote:
> I understand this is being worked on so don't mean to be obnoxious or pushy, but,
> yes, the same for me sort of though at this point, I wouldn't be in trouble because
> IFL works.
>
> And just to clarify, I can enter the keys (if I have access to them) and then IFD
> works.

I agree, I will plan on using IFL if I loose my new serial cheat sheet. Had I not known this in advance, and experienced this at a panic time of restoring, I would be really upset. So, I am thankful that this forum exists, and that customers, and Technical Support communicate in a timely manner, and that we all have a few alternatives until the problem is resolved. Thank you to all that are involved in this one!
tas3086

Post by tas3086 »

New Versions of all programs available, installed, and verified that serial number problem is now fixed. (at lease for me ! )
Thank you Terabyte for a very quick response, but next time, put me on your beta testing list.