BootIt UEFI (BIU)

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
DrTeeth

Re: BootIt UEFI (BIU)

Post by DrTeeth »

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:09:31 EDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
Mrx disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>If possible, I would also like to see IFL included with BIU instead of IFD.

Oi! That's my line, LOLZ.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Mrx wrote:
>
> +1. IFL (which is slightly faster than IFW), is a lot faster than IFD. If possible, I
> would also like to see IFL included with BIU instead of IFD.

Mrx,

There is no IFD in BIU. BIU contains IFU.

BIU can boot an IFL partition on any HD so you are able to use IFL without a boot disk. From BIU to IFL takes a little over 20 seconds. That's not long to wait until you can use the fastest imaging app.

Using BootNow in Windows you can boot directly into the IFL partition without seeing BIU.
Mrx

Post by Mrx »

Brian K wrote:
> BIU can boot an IFL partition on any HD so you are able to use IFL without a boot
> disk. From BIU to IFL takes a little over 20 seconds. That's not long to wait until
> you can use the fastest imaging app.
>
> Using BootNow in Windows you can boot directly into the IFL partition without seeing
> BIU.

That'show I've been using it, but I would like to see IFL in BIU, in the same way that IFD is in BIBM.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

IFL is not an EFI program (it's a Linux program). You have to boot into it to use it. IFD can run directly from BIBM since they both run in the same environment (just as IFU can be launched directly from BIU -- both are EFI).
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Off topic but I wanted to post this about IFL. I recently helped a friend setup his new high end computer for multi-booting. BIU was a dream to use.

We imaged a fresh Win 10 partition with IFL and it took five seconds. 5 seconds is fast for a 7.15 GB image.

He went home multi-booting two Win10, Linux Mint, IFL and TBWinRE.