Win 10 can't find/deletes TBI file

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal.

Win 10 can't find/deletes TBI file

Postby Tambourineman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 am

I have a 500mb SSD which has small partitions the reserved, mbr and OS. I have always been able to image these and save the file to the other large partition. I always doa byte for byte validate. My usual procedure has been to then boot to Windows and save the .TBI file to an external drive so I have two copies. The last two times I have images these and got an operation completed successfully message and then booted to Windows, the .TBI image file shows briefly in File Explorer, but when I click on it to copy it to the external drive, I get a "Windows can't access this file" message and it then does not show in explorer window and if I reboot to BootIt and go to restore it, the file is not there. I think some other folders on this partitions are also simultaneously deleted in this process. I have run chkdsk on this partitions and there are no errors, nor are there any SMART drive cautions/errors. What could be causing this?

Re: Win 10 can't find/deletes TBI file

Postby TeraByte Support(PP) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 am

Is Windows 10 "Fast startup" option turned off? It can cause that type of corruption when enabled.

If you had it disabled before, keep in mind that Windows will turn it back on when doing certain updates/upgrades.
Paul Purviance
TeraByte Support
TeraByte Support(PP)

Return to BootIt Bare Metal