Attempt to Image C:\ Drive to External USB 3 Drive Failed

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
thenoo

Attempt to Image C:\ Drive to External USB 3 Drive Failed

Post by thenoo »

As heading states , with a 2 Tbte USB 3 External Drive connected through a USB 3 port on my m/b and using this as the target drive , my attempt at writing to this failed with the message "Unable to create file"

The intended destination for any BIBM-created Image File was a sub-folder on this external drive called BIBM.
After receiving the above error message , when I attempted to open this Folder , I got a further error message stating that this Folder was corrupted and un-readable. Finally , an attempt at deleting this Folder then produced the message "Unable to delete this Folder - Error Code #0x80070091 : This Folder is not empty".

For information, this external drive contains other Folders and files which are unaffected by these errors and are fully accessible.

I have only just begun using BIBM having graduated from BING and have already sucessfully created an Image File but , on that occasion , I targetted it towards an internal drive.

Is this a problem with the USB 3.0 conection and BIBM. ? The USB 3.0 External Drive was connected before I launched BIBM.
TeraByte Support

Re: Attempt to Image C:\ Drive to External USB 3 Drive Failed

Post by TeraByte Support »

run chkdsk /f on it.

the usb 3 support is being provided by your BIOS. So you may want to
update it.

"thenoo" wrote in message news:883@public.bootitbm...

As heading states , with a 2 Tbte USB 3 External Drive connected through a
USB 3 port on my m/b and using this as the target drive , my attempt at
writing to this failed with the message "Unable to create file"

The intended destination for any BIBM-created Image File was a sub-folder on
this external drive called BIBM.
After receiving the above error message , when I attempted to open this
Folder , I got a further error message stating that this Folder was
corrupted and un-readable. Finally , an attempt at deleting this Folder then
produced the message "Unable to delete this Folder - Error Code
#0x80070091 : This Folder is not empty".

For information, this external drive contains other Folders and files which
are unaffected by these errors and are fully accessible.

I have only just begun using BIBM having graduated from BING and have
already sucessfully created an Image File but , on that occasion , I
targetted it towards an internal drive.

Is this a problem with the USB 3.0 conection and BIBM. ? The USB 3.0
External Drive was connected before I launched BIBM.

AlanD

Re: Attempt to Image C:\ Drive to External USB 3 Drive Failed

Post by AlanD »

On 2011-12-13 4:29 PM, thenoo wrote:
> As heading states , with a 2 Tbte USB 3 External Drive connected through a USB 3 port on my m/b and using this as the target drive , my attempt at writing to this failed with the message"Unable to create file"
>
> The intended destination for any BIBM-created Image File was a sub-folder on this external drive called BIBM.
> After receiving the above error message , when I attempted to open this Folder , I got a further error message stating that this Folder was corrupted and un-readable. Finally , an attempt at deleting this Folder then produced the message"Unable to delete this Folder - Error Code #0x80070091 : This Folder is not empty".
>
> For information, this external drive contains other Folders and files which are unaffected by these errors and are fully accessible.
>
> I have only just begun using BIBM having graduated from BING and have already sucessfully created an Image File but , on that occasion , I targetted it towards an internal drive.
>
> Is this a problem with the USB 3.0 conection and BIBM. ? The USB 3.0 External Drive was connected before I launched BIBM.

FWIW, I normally image my C: drive and save to my D: drive (internal),
but for a test I created an image of C: drive and saved to my external
hard drive in a USB3 dock. There were no issues, and I have never at
any time, since I purchased the dock and USB3 I/O card, had to even look
at my BIOS, much less make any changes.

AlanD