Help, won't boot

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
mashedmitten

Re: Help, won't boot

Post by mashedmitten »

First, glad it's working. There's a lot wrong with the "not as bad" statement, but I'll leave it at that. The dribs and drabs you provided info in didn't help much in narrowing this down. Not chastising, just saying.

I haven't a clue which system you refer to, yours or your fathers. Doesn't matter, glad you've got it under control now. 8-)
davewilk

Post by davewilk »

mashedmitten wrote:
> First, glad it's working. There's a lot wrong with the "not as
> bad" statement, but I'll leave it at that. The dribs and drabs you
> provided info in didn't help much in narrowing this down. Not chastising,
> just saying.
>
> I haven't a clue which system you refer to, yours or your fathers. Doesn't
> matter, glad you've got it under control now. 8-)

Father? When did I say anything about my father (who has been dead for over 30 years)?

I'm not really sure what you mean by your comment about "not as bad". Everything you have said suggested that you thought there was some kind of mismatch between BIBM and "MS", by which I assumed you meant the Windows booting mechanism (BCD store?). Since the system is booting to both Win7 and Win10 now (without any changes), I do not see how this can be true.

Remember, my recent activity did not involve the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10. That I did long ago. All I did recently was apply the Windows 10 updates. The system always booted to BIBM after each restart -- BIBM did not need to be reactivated.

Actually, I do not remember any trouble when I did the in-place upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1, or from 8.1 to 10. I had a lot of trouble when I installed Windows 8 originally, but I got it sorted out eventually with the help of TeraByte Support in this forum. This did have to do with the BCD store.

I agree that all this pulling/replacing the power cord is extremely odd. If the problem arises again, I will swap out the cord (I have enough of them, a whole box full).

Thanks again.
Logman

Post by Logman »

davewilk wrote:

> Father? When did I say anything about my father (who has been dead for over 30
> years)?
>

I think mashedmitten is confusing you with this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2528
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

Don't I feel stupid. :oops:

Sorry man, it's been a rough week. :lol:

Must not post while playing guitar. :evil: