BIBM with Toshiba Encore 2 Tablet

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Brian K

Re: BIBM with Toshiba Encore 2 Tablet

Post by Brian K »

ohaya wrote:

>
> I have one question about that though. Everytime I start Partition Work, it's
> prompting me to enter my name and BIBM license key. Is there a way to set that so
> that it doesn't keep asking for those?
>

Sure. When you made the IFL flash drive you entered your username and key for IFL. There was also a window for your BIBM username and key. You must have missed that window.
mjnelson99

Post by mjnelson99 »

I got caught on that password as well. I did not know I needed it and
did not have it handy at the time.
Mary

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 8:39 PM, Brian K wrote:
> ohaya wrote:
>
>>
>> I have one question about that though. Everytime I start Partition Work, it's
>> prompting me to enter my name and BIBM license key. Is there a way to set that so
>> that it doesn't keep asking for those?
>>
>
> Sure. When you made the IFL flash drive you entered your username and key for IFL. There was also a window for your BIBM username and key. You must have missed that window.
>
>
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Brian K wrote:
> ohaya wrote:
>
> >
> > I have one question about that though. Everytime I start Partition Work, it's
> > prompting me to enter my name and BIBM license key. Is there a way to set that
> so
> > that it doesn't keep asking for those?
> >
>
> Sure. When you made the IFL flash drive you entered your username and key for IFL.
> There was also a window for your BIBM username and key. You must have missed that
> window.

I just went through a couple of time and I don't think it was my "missing" it.

It looks like when you get the page where you choose Simple, Traditional, Traditional, if you choose the middle Traditional, it only asks for the IFL license.

Jim
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

ohaya wrote:
, if you choose the middle Traditional, it only asks for the IFL license.
>

You are correct. I never use that choice. Use the third (Custom) choice and you will be asked for the BIBM info.
ohaya

Post by ohaya »

Brian K and mashedmitten,

Thanks for your help with this.

I think that I am at the best situation possible with this at this point, thanks to your help.

- I now have a USB stick that I can boot to via the BIOS that takes me to GUI IFL with Partition Work
- Via using the USB hub (an unpowered Trendnet BTW) I can now hook up keyboard, mouse, and USB stick simultaneously, and can use IFL for imaging and Partition Work

The downsides:

- I have to hook all the above up and boot to the USB stick (IFL not installed on the tablet internal drive)
- The tablet has to be running on battery since the microUSB port is used for the above.

Thanks again!

Jim
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Jim,

If you like you can put IFL on your internal drive. You can boot it from the BIOS or from the free EasyUEFI in Windows.