Uninstall Windows Boot Manager after installing BIBM v1.35c

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI

Uninstall Windows Boot Manager after installing BIBM v1.35c

Postby pcbugfixer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:59 pm

G'day Folks,

I Have Win 7U and then Win 8.1 Pro installed. Obviously after installing Win 8.1 it activated the Windows Boot Manager (WBM).

The problem now is I cannot find any definitive answers regarding uninstalling the WBM having installed BootIt Bare Metal (BIBM) v1.35c.

On the BIBM I have the 2 OS's ( Win 8.1 and Win 7) and an option to boot from the Blu-Ray disk unit. This is all working except that when I choose the Win 7 on the BIBM I still need to chose it, i.e. Win 7 on the WBM and obviously this is a pain in the neck (or a bit lower) and it seems a waste of time having installed the BIBM v1.35c.
- I trust this explains why I need a definitive means of uninstalling the Windows Boot Manager (WBM)

I looked/ searched on this forum and seems that for this issue there are no definitive answers, lots of supposed workaround but no answer regarding uninstalling the pesky WBM.

I would appreciate it if anyone had a definitive answer to uninstalling the WBM

Regards
pcbugfixer :twisted:
The Devil Made me do it
If you object to my “Candour” read another post !
pcbugfixer

Re: Uninstall Windows Boot Manager after installing BIBM v1.

Postby Brian K » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 am

Brian K

Re: Uninstall Windows Boot Manager after installing BIBM v1.

Postby pcbugfixer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks Brian K.
I'm not sure if this is the solution and it lost me with the cross referencing / jumping from on case sitcom to another.
I will need to study it more carefully as it is rather a long listed function(s) to perform.

Regards
pcbugfixer :twisted:
The Devil Made me do it
If you object to my “Candour” read another post !
pcbugfixer

Return to BootIt Collection