Are BIBM updates packaged with IFL?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
timg11

Are BIBM updates packaged with IFL?

Post by timg11 »

When building a bootable IFL image with Makedisk, it appears that BIBM is included in the environment, provided the key is entered. Is the latest version of BIBM always built into the IFL ZIP distribution, or do I need to keep a current version of BIBM files on my drive where Makedisk can find them?

If an update to BIBM was released, would corresponding updates to IFL and IFW also be released to include the BIBM update (even if IFW/IFL were not updated)?
Bob Coleman

Re: Are BIBM updates packaged with IFL?

Post by Bob Coleman »

I don't think I'd say that BIBM is included. I think I'd say that Partition Work (part of BIBM) is included, but then the questions apply to Partition Work and I don't know the answers.
timg11

Re: Are BIBM updates packaged with IFL?

Post by timg11 »

Good point - I meant partition work, but BIBM is more than that. Clearly to full installation BIBM will have to come from the separate download. I was just thinking of the partition work part that appears in the IFL dock, and wondering what is the relation between the IFL releases and the BIBM releases.