How to install Win 7 for dual boot (on new PC) using BIBM?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
ohaya

Re: How to install Win 7 for dual boot (on new PC) using BIB

Post by ohaya »

Sorry - posted this on the other thread by mistake...

=====================================================================================================

Almost there...

- When I searched for the VEN code for the missing "PCI Device" in Device Driver, google came up with "Samsung NVME", so I googled that and found driver .exe over at the Samsung website. I installed that on the Win7 on the HD and the driver magically appeared and then I could see the partition on the SSD from that Win7. [BTW, I actually was looking for that NVME driver for awhile, kind of parallel to CyberSimian's info, which was correct. I don't understand why Dell does not have that driver on it's own website. Here's the link to the Samsung site I found: http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/mi ... tools.html]

BTW, the Dell M7510 bios has a setting for "Enable ATTEMPT legacy boot" that I didn't notice before, and when I checked that AND the "Enable legacy boot roms", then when I got into BIBM partition work it shows the SSD as HD0!!!

SO I now have a clean Device Manager for the Win7 on HD and am using BIBM to copy the partition over to the SSD and will see if it boots.
========================================================================================================================

I've now used BIBM to copy the Win7 on HD partition to the SSD and have a boot item for that and it boots fine into the "Win7 on SSD".

So now, HD0 is the SSD, and HD1 is the HD, and, in total, I have 3 boot items:

- Win10 Pro on SSD
- Win7 on SSD
- Win7 on HD (Win7 partition on HD, SWAP+Data on HD, a small partition on SSD, just to check I can see the SSD)