Wish to delete Dell Recovery Partition

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
engineerguy3809

Wish to delete Dell Recovery Partition

Post by engineerguy3809 »

I have licensed copies of both BIBM and IFW/IFD.
I've used IFW for years for basic imaging but I've only used BIBM once (for partition re-sizing in a new drive).
I have a Dell Inspiron tower (Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium) with the typical Dell "Recovery" partition which is now so old it is wasting space and has grey hair.
I wish to delete the Dell Recovery partition and leave the drive in the basic "Windows" configuration.
What would be the proper steps to accomplish this using BIBM and/or IFW/IFD?
I have a back-up image saved of the original drive (saved with the MBR, OS and Dell Recovery Partition) and have restored it into another HD for "working purposes". This way, if I screw something up I can restore my image and start over again (which I have done a number of times).
I've searched forums for both BIBM and IFW as well as a few on-line video's and can't quite find the steps for what I want to do.
Any help out there?
Brian K

Re: Wish to delete Dell Recovery Partition

Post by Brian K »

engineerguy3809,

Can you look in Disk Management and tell us if the Dell Recovery partition is the System, Active partition? I recall Dell used to put the booting files in the Recovery partition in Win7.