adding an SSD drive to existing system.

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
mjnelson99

Re: adding an SSD drive to existing system.

Post by mjnelson99 »

I have had better luck using a wired mouse in both BIBM & BING.
I do need to remove the USB dongle for my wireless mouse too.

Mary

On 6/12/2014 6:51 PM, ukracer wrote:
> Brian K wrote:
>> Andy,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback. We'll be most interested to hear about further
>> progress with your computer.
>
>
> I have got access to the old windows now and I have a few jobs I need to get done with my vinyl cutter but needed the serial numbers from the old system
>
> ![;)]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif)
>
> I spent the day sorting that out and in a couple of days I will be trying to work out how to get BIBM to allow me to boot straight to the menu instead of going to the partition infor first and also how to get the mouse working in BIBM
>
> ![;)]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif)
>
> speak soon.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Regards Andy T
>
>
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

Bob Coleman wrote:
> ukracer wrote:
>
> > You mean if BIBM is installed and you then set up windows it will automatically
> see
> > that INSTALL ? Any on old drives need to be added manually?
>
> Maybe no longer of interest, but, no, he meant that if you have Windows installations
> before installing BIBM, BIBM will find and create menu items for those Windows
> installations when it is being installed.

Interesting. I doubt it would have done that with my system as iBIBM could not see the drive but windows could.....dont ask me how. Second I actually disconnected the other drives and only had the SSD connected so that explains a lot. Thanks.

If I install it again now will it pick up any windows systems on the other drives?? I think I will need to install it again anyway as it does not go to the boot menu but to partition work. and the mouse does not work in BIBM for some reason. so my TAB key is getting battered ;)
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

ukracer wrote:

> If I install it again now will it pick up any windows systems on the other drives??
> I think I will need to install it again anyway as it does not go to the boot menu but
> to partition work. and the mouse does not work in BIBM for some reason. so my TAB
> key is getting battered ;)

I would think if you uninstalled and then installed again, yes, but I really don't know.
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

I know its an old thread but I am struggling still...lol

" I think I will need to install it again anyway as it does not go to the boot menu but to partition work. and the mouse does not work in BIBM for some reason."

I wrote that above a in 2014 and it still goes to the partition work and does not boot unassisted.

How would I solve this one. lol
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

The mouse issue is a pain for some, like me. Tried every fix suggested with no joy ( I'm leaving it at that. 0_;^)

As to the other issue, when you create the BIBM install media don't choose the include Partition Work or whatever it is. That's what causes it to open by default. Part Work will be included with BIBM when installed regardless. You may be able to access it through Settings from the BIBM Desktop, can't recall and would have to re-boot to find out. ;^)