Migrate .tbi image to a new local drive

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
ihatetivo

Migrate .tbi image to a new local drive

Post by ihatetivo »

I created a backup image of my internal drive a few years back. This image lives on an external drive (Drive A). I purchased a larger external drive (Drive B). When I try to copy my image (.tbi) file from A to B, I get permissions errors. Could someone point me to some info that might help me successfully migrate my image from one drive to another?

Here is the error I get when just trying to copy the folder from external drive A to external drive B
Capturfffffffe.JPG
Capturfffffffe.JPG (15.82 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
Further, when I do attempt copy my Terabyte folder (with .tbi file inside), it does create an empty folder on the new drive (drive B). However, I can't even delete this new folder, due to more permissions errors. For this empty folder, I've attempted to give all authenticated users the complete range of permissions, but I still can't even delete it. Any help is appreciated.

Here is a screenshot, regarding the permissions I modified on that empty folder on Drive B:
Captufre.JPG
Captufre.JPG (36.71 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
Using windows 10 in an Admin user account.
OldNavyGuy

Re: Migrate .tbi image to a new local drive

Post by OldNavyGuy »

Use the TAKEOWN command -

TAKEOWN /F “<filename>”

Example (file)...

TAKEOWN /F "E:\Backup\MyTBI"

Example (folder)...

TAKEOWN /F "E:\Backup"
ihatetivo

Re: Migrate .tbi image to a new local drive

Post by ihatetivo »

This worked! The "manual method" was easy and effective. I just stopped protectit and then restarted it after I made my changes.

(Also a thank-you to OldNavyGuy; I'll use your solution on a separate problem I'm working on.)