Unable to boot into IFL on Windows 10

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Peabody

Unable to boot into IFL on Windows 10

Post by Peabody »

I've been running IFL 3.34 successfully for a long time on my Windows computers. I boot to the IFL thumb drive for both creating and restoring images. Today, the thumb drive works fine on my old Win7 computer, but I can't get it to boot to my Windows 10 computer - it just boots to the main C: drive as it usually does. It's a Lenovo P53S. I can manually go into the F12 boot menu on powerup, and it sees the thumb drive, but refuses to boot to it. it will only go to the Windows Boot Manager. Can anyone give me advice on dealing with this. It really puts me in a bad place because there's no way to restore an image.
Peabody

Re: Unable to boot into IFL on Windows 10

Post by Peabody »

Ok, I disabled SecureBoot, and it's working again. But it's strange. It's been working fine with SecureBoot enabled until now. Has Microsoft changed something on SecureBoot?
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Peabody, which IFL are you using, the full version or Nonet? Perhaps try the one you aren't using.
Peabody

Post by Peabody »

As far as I know, it's the full GUI version of IFL. It's the one that came with IFW. It don't know what Nonet is, or where I would find it. But I don't see how the version would make any difference. Anyway, my guess is this has something to do with Microsoft messing with SecureBoot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/top ... 2bd211bb15
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Both versions work with my Secure Boot.

You can download them from here...

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

Upgrade to the latest versions since the old certificates would be blacklisted on updated systems.
Peabody

Post by Peabody »

Ok, thanks. I may have a problem downloading the update because the email service I used for the purchase no longer exists. I've sent email to Support about that.

Will the latest version also work on my Windows 7 computer, which has not had any SecureBoot update?