copy with subdirectories

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Nikosp

copy with subdirectories

Post by Nikosp »

Is it possible to copy a directory and all subdirectorys are inside with tbexplo ? I am talking something like xcopy with /s switch.
I've tried mark a non empty directory that includes files and folders inside but when i paste somewhere it dosnt seems to work.Looks like it works only with files. Do you plan any update for that in future ?
Eric

Re: copy with subdirectories

Post by Eric »

There has been a correction done in the last release for that.
Which versions of tbexlo/tbosdtw are you using?
Nikosp

Post by Nikosp »

Which versions of tbexlo/tbosdtw are you using?
Answer tbexlo 1.48 and tbosdtw 1.45

First i was using norton ghost but its only an image backup/restore now i have a bunch of options and most from all....
differend versions of windows in the same HD without the need to make too many things.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Nikosp wrote:
> Answer tbexlo 1.48 and tbosdtw 1.45

So you should download the latest version.
Nikosp

Post by Nikosp »

Thanks Eric!
Is it possible to get corrupt files when you copy files from 3tb HDS (With GPT) to other Hard DIsks External or internal?
Im say that cause im little scary because of the limitations of windows xp (No GPT Support and Big Size of an 3TB HD).
I know as you say to me BootitBM access the disk but should i be worried for file corrupt errors when make copying ?
Eric

Post by Eric »

If a copy of a file fails from some reasons, then it will be deleted from destination.
Under tbexplo, if you copy a full directory, and a copy of a file fails (so not copied at all), then the copy of the directory won't stop but continue until last file found. As a consequence, some files may be missing. Just that tbexplo won't tell you how many files failed...
However, you can compare the source directory with the destination one, by pressing again (Ctrl+V), and select the option to compare...