Cannot scroll the BIBM help window for WwP

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
sigi

Cannot scroll the BIBM help window for WwP

Post by sigi »

I cannot get my USB mice to work with BIBM. So I use the keyboard.

So far, I have been able to use every BIBM function via keyboard. This also applies to all of the BIBM Help categories from "Contents" to "How to order" with the exception of the important "Work with Partitions". For all other Help items I can use the arrow keys to scroll down and up but for WwP it just does not work.

I wonder whether other users or TeraByte know this strange behaviour and whether TeraByte is working on a solution and can help me.
mjnelson99

Re: Cannot scroll the BIBM help window for WwP

Post by mjnelson99 »

The mouse subject has come up a few times earlier. It has
been happening for some time. Sometimes a mouse will work
and sometimes it won't.

My suggestion is to get a cheap wired USB mouse and see if
that will work. They are certainly inexpensive enough to try
it out.
Mary

On 11/28/2012 6:01 PM, sigi wrote:
> I cannot get my USB mice to work with BIBM. So I use the keyboard.
>
> So far, I have been able to use every BIBM function via keyboard. This also applies to all of the BIBM Help categories from "Contents" to "How to order" with the exception of the important "Work with Partitions". For all other Help items I can use the arrow keys to scroll down and up but for WwP it just does not work.
>
> I wonder whether other users or TeraByte know this strange behaviour and whether TeraByte is working on a solution and can help me.
>
>
sigi

Post by sigi »

Unfortunately I have got only one PS2 port. I tested two adapters (1 USB --- 2 PS2 and 1 PS2 --- 2 PS2). The keyboard worked on these adapters but the my two USB mice (1 cable, 1 wireless) didn't. So I am dependent on my keyboard. :(
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

I see the problem too. The PgUp and PgDn keys and the Up arrow key still work for me. Are those keys working for you?
mjnelson99

Post by mjnelson99 »

You can get a wired USB mouse.
No vacant USB port? A hub can add that.

On 11/28/2012 7:50 PM, sigi wrote:
> Unfortunately I have got only one PS2 port. I tested two adapters (1 USB --- 2 PS2 and 1 PS2 --- 2 PS2). The keyboard worked on these adapters but the my two USB mice (1 cable, 1 wireless) didn't. So I am dependent on my keyboard.
>
> ![:(]({SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif)
>
>
>
sigi

Post by sigi »

TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> I see the problem too. The PgUp and PgDn keys and the Up arrow key still
> work for me. Are those keys working for you?

It is exactly as you say on my PC too. Thank you for the info. It serves me reasonably well although I regret to be without a mouse in BIBM.

@ mjnelson99
As I already mentioned ("my two USB mice (1 cable, 1 wireless)") I own a wired USB mouse. It has never worked with my present Gigabyte Mobo, neither in BING nor in BIBM.