TBWinRE/TBWinPE resolution issue

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
jackal440

TBWinRE/TBWinPE resolution issue

Post by jackal440 »

Hello,

I wanted to inform you about an issue I'm experiencing with the Terabyte image for Windows bootable TBWinRE/TBWinPE. Specifically, the display resolution is not functioning correctly on my Lenovo P620, which has Nvidia RTX A4000 graphics. The maximum resolution I can achieve is 640x480, 32-bit color depth, and 64 Hertz refresh rate. Unfortunately, this resolution does not display all the functions, buttons, and windows properly. I have encountered this problem with the latest version, 3.64.

I would appreciate your guidance and assistance in resolving this matter.

Thank you.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: TBWinRE/TBWinPE resolution issue

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

TBLauncher and ChgRes show the resolutions the system reports as supported. I would assume if you're only seeing 640x480 that that is the only one reported. That seems odd since I think the default low side is 800x600 or 1024x768.

Do you see the same issue with the standard unmodified WinRE/WinPE?

Depending on how you're booting to TBWinRE/PE, you could try booting in UEFI mode and Legacy mode. On some systems different resolutions are available depending on the boot mode.

There weren't any resolution type changes in the latest version. Did it show properly in older builds? If using TBWinRE, it's possible the change was a WinRE update from a Windows update. For TBWinPE, is it a different ADK version? If the older builds worked okay, for TBWinRE you could go into Builder's settings and select to use the older WinRE WIM as the source for the build (the default is to save backups when updating to a newer WIM). Builder's log would also show what WIM version was being used if it still has the older build's entries. For TBWinPE builds you'd have to reinstall the older ADK/WIM versions (or you can change the source path to the correct location if saved on the system and not installed).

Otherwise, if there is a really basic video driver available you could try adding that to the build. However, usually video drivers don't add/install correctly because they're not properly supported in the limited WinPE environment.