Imaging/incremental boot drive of Windows 2019 server

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
JCDinPGH

Imaging/incremental boot drive of Windows 2019 server

Post by JCDinPGH »

I have a virtual Windows 2019 server running under ESXi. It has a video card that is configured as passthru which unfortunately disables cloning options in ESXi so I am planning on using Image backup to backup only the C drive as an image in case of corruption. I have image backups working for the C drive to an external NAS. All of the other data on the server and it's other drives are synced to the NAS as backing them up would be too time consuming.
Is there a way to use Image backup to make an incremental image backup instead of doing a full backup over and over? Eventually I will set this up as a scheduled task but for now I am running it manually.
I would also like, if possible, to do image backups with the ability to restore from different incremental versions. In other words, only write changes from previous image backup and be able to restore from any of those incremental image backups where I can configure the number of incremental versions of backups.
Sorry for asking something that seems pretty basic. I just started using Image and there are a lot of options!
Thanks.
JCDinPGH

Re: Imaging/incremental boot drive of Windows 2019 server

Post by JCDinPGH »

I think I got it figured out. I used the GUI and then copied the command line.