Password Corruption ?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
aussieboykie

Password Corruption ?

Post by aussieboykie »

I had not updated BIBM for some time so when 1.08 came out I made a bootable USB key and fired it up. All went well until reboot from my hard drive. I could not enter maintenance mode because BIBM would not accept my password. I had to reboot from USB, switch to HD, and delete the password. As a test, I repeated the process on a second PC and this time I confirmed the password was correct beforehand, just in case my failing memory played a part in any of this. The result was the same.

Regards, AB
TeraByte Support

Re: Password Corruption ?

Post by TeraByte Support »

upgrading from BING or BIBM (which) to BIBM ? There was a problem with BING to BIBM conversion but fixed in 1.02. If BIBM 1.02a or later to BIBM, then email the password you were using along with the version being converted from.
aussieboykie

Re: Password Corruption ?

Post by aussieboykie »

BIBM to BIBM. I can't say for sure what BIBM version was overwritten but it would certainly have been post 1.02a, probably v1.06 or v1.07. No need to email the password... it was cpcms which anyone else who looked after IBM VM systems back in the 70s and 80s will no doubt recognise.

Regards, AB