Booting from boot usb i cant see usb external drive

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
robmorin

Booting from boot usb i cant see usb external drive

Post by robmorin »

Hello all...

Hello, I did a backup in Windows 10 with Image for Windows version 3 to a my passport ultra usb3 external drive. However when i boot from the recovery usb stick i created with image for windows it does not see the my passport drive.

Why?

Thanks...

P.S. I have never been so frustrated in my life trying to sign up for a forum as with this convoluted verification in my life. I spent 15 minutes trying to register. You figure after you pay for a product, you should not aggravate the client with something as stupid as that!
robmorin

Re: Booting from boot usb i cant see usb external drive

Post by robmorin »

SO after reading some posts , I guess the problem is the recovery boot does not see usb 3 devices, fantastic....

So how do i get ifw to see a usb3 external hard disk? I tried to go into tools to load a drive , but the driver names are so very cryptic and nothing stick out. I even add my own drivers when creating the boot usb, but i have no idea where thos are now?
robmorin

Post by robmorin »

So i now tried the network to load the restore image and ifw does not see the network...

Wow...I have 16 laptops to image for tomorrow , this is pretty sad...
robmorin

Post by robmorin »

Is there not a phone number for support to call?
robmorin

Post by robmorin »

I use to use ifw all the time a few years back without any issues at all and now pretty much it's useless, support is uses knowledge base is useless.

While i wait for an answer i will google for other products.
robmorin

Post by robmorin »

Ok, so I am now restoring via image for linux.

it recognized the network and the usb3 external drive... lets hope this works, i will know in about 1 hour
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It's not clear which boot media you were trying to use and which version. If you were using the TBWinRE IFW boot media there wouldn't be a need to add USB 3 drivers as Windows 10 includes them. If you were creating TBWinRE on a Windows 7 system then you would need to add Windows 7 USB 3 drivers to the build to get support (common drivers can be downloaded in this case). Another option would be to create a TBWinPE build based on a newer version of WinPE (e.g. the current Windows 10 ADK). Note that on some systems one USB 3 controller may work better in WinRE/PE than another (try the USB device in a port connected to a different controller).

For network access, if the NIC driver is included in base WinRE/PE then you wouldn't need to add it (using the current Windows version is recommended for the best built-in driver support for current systems). Once booted, if you have a network connection, it's usually easiest to map a network share (you would need to know the UNC path).
robmorin

Post by robmorin »

Hello, sorry for the frustration i was under the gun to get those done, and they are, i simply used ifl and everything worked out great? Boot with that and restored all my windows images just fine

Thanks very much!