Installing Linux Mint 18.1 KDE-64

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Logman

Installing Linux Mint 18.1 KDE-64

Post by Logman »

Is there a newer knowledge base article to cover installing Linux Mint 18.1 KDE-64 ?

I was trying to install it after successfully installing Linux Mint Cinnamon, but the knowledge base article is wrong for the KDE version, there is no "Something else option" and the install screens are different than the article says so I'm stuck for now.
mashedmitten

Re: Installing Linux Mint 18.1 KDE-64

Post by mashedmitten »

These any better? Seems you choose/setup partitions in a later step.

http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2016/09/how-t ... ition.html
Logman

Post by Logman »

Thanks but would prefer installation instructions from Terabyte, besides, apart from using unlimited partitions, I don't use an external HD or boot from USB and I liked the instructions I used from Terabyte for other OS's.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The process is basically the same (minor differences in steps 9-19). On the "Installation type" screen where you answer the "Where would you like to install Linux Mint?" you would select the "Manual" option and click Continue (don't select any of the "Guided" options). On the "Prepare partitions" screen, the process for selecting the partitions is also basically the same. Select the partitions one at a time (your Mint partition, swap partition, etc.) and click the Change button to select the file system, if it should be formatted, and where it should be mounted.

Also on the "Prepare partitions" screen, make sure you select that the boot loader gets installed to the Mint partition using the "Device for boot loader installation" drop-down (step 19).
Logman

Post by Logman »

Thanks for that Paul, I will try that out, although I'm sure that's what I went through and got confused, so I'll give it a whirl again.
I just wanted to know if there was a newer knowledgebase article that I missed.
Logman

Post by Logman »

Install went well, up and running with Linux Mint KDE 8-)

Only weird thing was it wanted a 6 GB swap partition, I had a 5 GB one so I had to exit and redo it before starting again, no idea why that happened :roll: