Boot to USB FDrive - Missing OS

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
ronk

Boot to USB FDrive - Missing OS

Post by ronk »

I have a 'makedisk' created USB stick with IFL 2.98 loaded which I use on other Thinkpads (T530,520), but when I attempt to boot to it on a T510, the message 'missing operating system' appears after accessing the usb 2.0 port. USB is enabled, as well as startup to the port, in the BIOS. I do have a CD which I can boot from, but was going to make it a hot swap with an SSD. Any idea why the BIOS thinks the OS is missing? During POST, F12 recognizes the USB flashdrive and name, which after selection, yields the message.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Boot to USB FDrive - Missing OS

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Have you tried any different MakeDisk USB options?
ronk

Post by ronk »

Not yet; truthfully have had such great success with IFL load that haven't needed to see other options. Will take a look. Just thought someone might know something obvious I'm overlooking.

Ron
IFL,IFW 2.98, W10 Pro
ronk

Post by ronk »

OK, the "Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition" didn't work, but "Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition (Int13h Extensions)" works. Thanks for suggesting I try other options. :)

UPDATE: Correction. For the record, it was the MakeDisk IFL option 'No Partition, FAT/FAT32' which works for all my Thinkpads, including the T510, NOT the 'Partition (Int13h).

Ron
IFL,IFW 2.98, Win 10 Pro
sergios

Post by sergios »

So did you fix the issue?
Last edited by sergios on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ronk

Post by ronk »

sergios wrote:
> So did you fix the issue?

Yes, as I said in my prior post:

It was the MakeDisk IFL option 'No Partition, FAT/FAT32' which works for all my Thinkpads. :)

Ron