Who is tracking you online?

User discussion forum for items related to technology in general.

Who is tracking you online?

Postby mjnelson99 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:36 am

Recently I noticed that when I was on a different web site from Amazon,
I was seeing the items I had looked at ON AMAZON, showing up on the
right side of the screen. I have also seen the supplements I have
ordered showing up in the same manner.

Maybe it is time to run C Cleaner more frequently, especially if you are
looking for something related to a health problem.
mjnelson99
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Who is tracking you online?

Postby DrTeeth » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 pm

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 08:36:40 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
MJNelson disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>Maybe it is time to run C Cleaner more frequently, especially if you are
>looking for something related to a health problem.

Depends who has access to your PC. The internet is *the* worst place
to get information about a health-related issue if you do not have a
medical degree. There is just so much convincing crap online.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
DrTeeth
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:58 am

Re: Who is tracking you online?

Postby mjnelson99 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Nobody has access to my PC but me.

They are adding stuff undisclosed when I am looking at various products.
The products I was being shown were the EXACT items I had looked at on
Amazon. I think I was on Google when I saw it. Not sure now.

On 12/6/2015 4:52 PM, DrTeeth wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 08:36:40 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
> MJNelson
>
> disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>
>> Maybe it is time to run C Cleaner more frequently, especially if you are
>> looking for something related to a health problem.
>
> Depends who has access to your PC. The internet is *the* worst place
> to get information about a health-related issue if you do not have a
> medical degree. There is just so much convincing crap online.
>
mjnelson99
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Who is tracking you online?

Postby Ed Smith » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:27 am

If using Windows 10 go to settings and then to privacy. Turn off some of
things you don't want. I turn off in "General" "Let apps use my advertising
ID for experiences across apps" and I turn off "Sync with devices" in "Other
Devices".

"MJNelson" wrote in message news:10660@public.tech.misc...

Nobody has access to my PC but me.

They are adding stuff undisclosed when I am looking at various products.
The products I was being shown were the EXACT items I had looked at on
Amazon. I think I was on Google when I saw it. Not sure now.

On 12/6/2015 4:52 PM, DrTeeth wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 08:36:40 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
> MJNelson
>
> disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>
>> Maybe it is time to run C Cleaner more frequently, especially if you are
>> looking for something related to a health problem.
>
> Depends who has access to your PC. The internet is *the* worst place
> to get information about a health-related issue if you do not have a
> medical degree. There is just so much convincing crap online.
>

Ed Smith
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Who is tracking you online?

Postby mjnelson99 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:57 am

I use Win 7 Home Premium.
Did not check after I ran C Cleaner to see if the same results came up.
Maybe I will do that now.
Mary

On 12/7/2015 9:27 AM, Ed wrote:
> If using Windows 10 go to settings and then to privacy. Turn off some of
> things you don't want. I turn off in "General" "Let apps use my advertising
> ID for experiences across apps" and I turn off "Sync with devices" in "Other
> Devices".
>
> "MJNelson" wrote in message news:10660@public.tech.misc...
>
> Nobody has access to my PC but me.
>
> They are adding stuff undisclosed when I am looking at various products.
> The products I was being shown were the EXACT items I had looked at on
> Amazon. I think I was on Google when I saw it. Not sure now.
>
> On 12/6/2015 4:52 PM, DrTeeth wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 08:36:40 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
>> MJNelson
>>
>> disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe it is time to run C Cleaner more frequently, especially if you are
>>> looking for something related to a health problem.
>>
>> Depends who has access to your PC. The internet is *the* worst place
>> to get information about a health-related issue if you do not have a
>> medical degree. There is just so much convincing crap online.
>>
>
>
mjnelson99
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Who is tracking you online?

Postby mjnelson99 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:02 pm

I just had an ad appear from a supplement manufacturer on a totally
different web site.

Good time to check if C Cleaner would get rid of the tracks. I did a
thorough clean. IE was the biggest with Firefox and Thunderbird not too
far behind.

Went back to that web site. The vitamin mfgr was no longer showing.

IT WORKS.
Mary

On 12/5/2015 10:36 AM, MJNelson wrote:
> Recently I noticed that when I was on a different web site from Amazon,
> I was seeing the items I had looked at ON AMAZON, showing up on the
> right side of the screen. I have also seen the supplements I have
> ordered showing up in the same manner.
>
> Maybe it is time to run C Cleaner more frequently, especially if you are
> looking for something related to a health problem.
>
>
mjnelson99
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm


Return to Technology

cron