QUICKEN 2017

User discussion forum for items related to technology in general.

QUICKEN 2017

Postby AlanD » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:23 am

Esp. for Mary:

Just got notice that Quicken 2017 is available, and it's
also time for my triennial upgrade.

At this point I see nothing as easy to use (and basically foolproof)
as Quicken, but I'll wait awhile. I have used it since 1995 (I think).

Does anyone know what's afoot with Quicken and their 'sellout?'

AlanD
AlanD
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:45 am

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Postby Muad'Dib » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:00 am

I haven't paid attention to Quicken for well over a decade, so I can't help you with "what's afoot" with the program, but I can mention an alternative that I've used for more than 7 years - Money Manager EX: http://www.moneymanagerex.org

It's freeware, open source and has versions that run in Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. I'm sure it's missing some features that exist in Quicken, but it's handled all my financial needs quite well. Definitely worth checking out to see if it meets your needs too.
Muad'Dib
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 am

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Postby mjnelson99 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:56 am

I purchased Quicken 2016 directly from Quicken on line.
It would not let me validate after numerous attempts.

I got a refund and haven't used it since. They are TOO controlling.
Mary

On 10/22/2016 3:00 AM, Muad'Dib wrote:
> I haven't paid attention to Quicken for well over a decade, so I can't help you with "what's afoot" with the program, but I can mention an alternative that I've used for more than 7 years - Money Manager EX:
>
> [
> http://www.moneymanagerex.org
> ](http://www.moneymanagerex.org)
>
> It's freeware, open source and has versions that run in Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. I'm sure it's missing some features that exist in Quicken, but it's handled all my financial needs quite well. Definitely worth checking out to see if it meets your needs too.
>
>
mjnelson99
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Postby AlanD » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:48 pm

On 2016-10-22 10:56 AM, MJNelson wrote:
> I purchased Quicken 2016 directly from Quicken on line.
> It would not let me validate after numerous attempts.
>
> I got a refund and haven't used it since. They are TOO controlling.
> Mary
>
> On 10/22/2016 3:00 AM, Muad'Dib wrote:
>> I haven't paid attention to Quicken for well over a decade, so I can't help you with "what's afoot" with the program, but I can mention an alternative that I've used for more than 7 years - Money Manager EX:
>>
>> [
>> http://www.moneymanagerex.org
>> ](http://www.moneymanagerex.org)
>>
>> It's freeware, open source and has versions that run in Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. I'm sure it's missing some features that exist in Quicken, but it's handled all my financial needs quite well. Definitely worth checking out to see if it meets your needs too.
>>
>>
>
>
Mary,

that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

In almost 25 years of use (back to DOS days), I have never had a major
problem .

I purchase updates only every three years, and for my applications, I
find nothing to compare. I am still running 2014 version, and was going
to update to 2017, but since I hear all sorts of unhappy reports by
users of 2017 version (with new owner of Quicken)......

AlanD.


AlanD
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:45 am

Re: QUICKEN 2017

Postby TeraByte Support » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:47 pm

I've updated from 2016 to 2017 (R2 on CD) and it was smooth. Haven't seen
if it fixes various issues I've come across in 2016 version. It is ugly
now, has the Win8/10 look to it instead of the nicer Win7 and earlier look.


"AlanD" wrote in message news:12676@public.tech.misc...

Esp. for Mary:

Just got notice that Quicken 2017 is available, and it's
also time for my triennial upgrade.

At this point I see nothing as easy to use (and basically foolproof)
as Quicken, but I'll wait awhile. I have used it since 1995 (I think).

Does anyone know what's afoot with Quicken and their 'sellout?'

AlanD

TeraByte Support
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:37 pm


Return to Technology