Automatic Boot Partition Updates

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
sovv

Automatic Boot Partition Updates

Post by sovv »

Probably for the knowledgeable person my question sounds amateurish. But I really do not understand. If it is possible to state the subject matter a little wider, it would be wonderful.

Option "Disable Automatic Boot Partition Updates" in the user manual described as follows:
"Select to prevent Image for DOS from automatically updating the boot partition when restoring a full drive image."
Q: What will be updated, and what the new value?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Automatic Boot Partition Updates

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The "Automatic Boot Partition Update" option is enabled by default. Selecting the "disable" option will set it disabled by default. Basically, the booting partition is updated as needed to enable it to boot correctly (e.g. updating the BCD file, boot.ini, references to the Widnows partition, etc.).

Automatic Boot Partition Update – If this option is enabled, Image for Windows/DOS/Linux will automatically update the boot partition (including an EFI system partition) when a full drive image is restored. When enabled, the "Update Boot Partition" option will not be displayed when restoring a full drive image.
sovv

Post by sovv »

TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> Basically, the booting partition is updated as needed to enable it
> to boot correctly (e.g. updating the BCD file, boot.ini, references to the
> Widnows partition, etc.).

This is done for all partitions on HDD, which contain the OS?
Or just one partition having active flag?

Thank you! Because of your answers, I'm beginning to better understand the logic and the features of products TeraByte Unlimited.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Each booting OS partition involved in the restore. For example, if you have two independently booting Windows partitions (e.g. Windows 7 & Vista) and restore/copy them together they would each be updated.