Initial experience of IFD

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Alycat

Initial experience of IFD

Post by Alycat »

I have only recently started using IFD. I had used Acronis for a while, but decided to give up on it - it was a nightmare to uninstall, ended up reinstalling Win7 on my new laptop, installing on the drivers and then software. Old laptop it was a case on installing Vista so I could use the Win7 upgrade disk, then drivers.....

Therefore I was hesistant to use any imaging software that installs anything on my C: - I purchased the IFW bundle amd have IFD on a bootable USB, so great, no need to put any drivers, etc on my C:.

At critical places in the above I took images with IFD. Before installing Windows on my old laptop I did several trial restores of images using IFD as a test.

All worked well - IFD is "boring", works just as it says it will and just as I expected - great :D

Just a few questions:

With the first few backups I did (with the trial?) I thought I received a confirming popup when the backup finished. Now, and I have done probably half a dozen over the last 2 days, the data remaining reaches zero, the % reaches 100, and nothing, no popup and IFD fails to respond. I just switch off and back on, the backup or restore all seems to have completed ok.

If I do a backup that creates only one file, is this just a normal file, that can be moved, copied, renamed?
Bob Coleman

Re: Initial experience of IFD

Post by Bob Coleman »

Alycat wrote:

> If I do a backup that creates only one file, is this just a normal file,
> that can be moved, copied, renamed?

I rename (and then use) my backup files all the time.
mjnelson99

Post by mjnelson99 »

You can name them what you wish when you create them as
well. The default name is just proposed.

Do keep the file extension the same, though.
Mary

On 6/5/2012 4:06 PM, Bob Coleman wrote:
> Alycat wrote:
>
>> If I do a backup that creates only one file, is this just a normal file,
>> that can be moved, copied, renamed?
>
> I rename (and then use) my backup files all the time.
>
>
Alycat

Post by Alycat »

Yes, I had changed the default name ... but then changed my mind later ;)