IFW email authentication

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
robita

IFW email authentication

Post by robita »

Hi people,

I have been running IFW backup on SBS 2003 successfully for quite some time with the following command options setup in task scheduler: "/b /uy /um /d:w0 /f:\\Netshare\backup\IFW\Backup-w0-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$ /max:4GiB /email:SERVERNAME*SERVERNAME*DESTINATION-EMAIL*IFW_Backup_Status*25*USER*PASS"

This was all fine whilst the local SBS Exchange server was being used for sending the emails.
However, the business has now moved away from using the local SBS Exchange server to Cloud Services and hence no more emails are being sent following the backup and with this error in the log: "Email send failure 96 - Socket Error 0x274D"

I now require to use another email server e.g. gmail, to send out the backup status report.
For this, I need to be able to specify authentication and TLS options.
I have read through the user manual and searched for a solution but found nothing.

Can anyone help with getting this working?
Many thanks.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: IFW email authentication

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Emails can be sent though gmail using stunnel. See this KB article: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=568
robita

Post by robita »

Many thanks for the quick response.
This looks like the ideal solution, I will go and check it out.
robita

Post by robita »

I installed stunnel and it works great, many thanks.
I have setup the details in IFW.ini so the email credentials are not shown in the text.

I also require to send the email to 2 seperate addresses.
Is there a method to achieve this or specify a "cc" ?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You could configure an email address to automatically forward the email as needed.
robita

Post by robita »

Thanks for the response.
I had already thought about that but was expecting there might be some way to cc from IFW.
Nevertheless, I have setup a new gmail account and added a forwarding address with filter.
This works perfectly as required.