"image for Windows/DOS/Linux" means Windows only?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
SimonHF

"image for Windows/DOS/Linux" means Windows only?

Post by SimonHF »

I just bought the combo 'TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite V3' with 'BootIt Bare Metal'. My intention is to use it on my Dell XPS laptop which only runs Linux in the form of Ubuntu.

The purchase went smoothly and I downloaded the products (two zip files) onto my Linux laptop. I unpacked the zip files. But all I see is two exe files for executing on Windows... and I don't have Windows.

This seems to be the Windows-only version of TeraByte Drive Image? My TeraByte shopping cart said however: "TeraByte Drive Image Backup And Restore Suite: Complete drive image based backup and restore solutions. Key components are image for Windows/DOS/Linux and OSD Tool Suite".

How can I download the version for Linux or get the software downloaded to work on Linux?
SimonHF

Re: "image for Windows/DOS/Linux" means Windows only?

Post by SimonHF »

Ah... I figured it out. When I bought the suite I got 3 emails; the receipt / invoice, the key and download links for TeraByte Drive Image for Windows, and the key and download links for BootIt Bare Metal. To download Drive Image for Linux I needed to visit [1] and use my order number to see all the possible downloads including Linux. In parallel, TeraByte support also suggested the same. So good support so far :-) But initial email could be more intention revealing :-)

[1] https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php